It’s mine and my blog’s birthday today!!!!!! YAAAAAY!
I’m 28 and my little baby blog is 2-years-old today!
Setting up my blog was the best thing I could have done on my birthday 2 years ago. In fact I wrote my very first post sitting in a hotel room in Chicago during a very crazy blizzard hehe. But that was the moment I knew I had something to offer to the blogosphere, I am the kind of girl who would travel to Chicago in wintertime when everyone else would rather be in the Bahamas, just to be that little bit different. Just to experience something unusual. Everyone thought I was crazy and I thought…Nah I’m just LIVING! I’m seeing the world from a different perspective and if I want to do something risky, then so be it, I’m not afraid to do it! And that is what Gohemian Travellers is all about! Us Gohemians are unique and rare creatures don’t ya know! 😉
But anyways I bet you read my title to this and thought ‘she’s a bit of a cheeky one isn’t she?! Making a wishlist for her birthday….asking for stuff!’ But I promise I’m not, it’s a wishlist for the year ahead and more specifically, this blog (my 2 year old baby).
So this is the LOVE list…
- Tomorrow is the big day for my little blog, it’s moving from little WordPress.com to big WordPress.org. Yayyy! And I wish for it to grow and grow!
- I wish to travel more in Europe this year (specifically Paris, Rome and Barcelona)
- I wish to go part time in a day job and do more freelance writing opportunities.
- I wish to work harder on all my writing projects than I ever have before.
- I wish to go on a girly holiday.
- I wish to save lots of money.
- I wish that my second blogging project GypsyPixiePirate does all the things we desire for it to.
- I wish to do more touristy things in London (and get that London appreciation back).
- I wish to have more blogger dates with my fellow Blogcadets.
- I wish to wear more sparkly things.
- I wish to be as free as my hair and go colourful.
- I wish to be more be more confident to be the person I really am.
- I wish to get some new tattoos.
- I wish to do more cooking,
- I wish to do more crafting.
- I wish to get fitter and feel fabulous.
- I wish to get a dog-walking job because I NEED a dog in my life.
- I wish to practice more with Photoshop.
- I wish to get a digital SLR.
- I wish to be a better daughter to my parents, a better niece to my A’s and U’s and a better friend to all my besties.
- And most of all, I hope we all have a healthy and happy new year.
Well, now that I’ve got that off my chest, that’s me signing out, because now I’m off to get ready in my vintage-finest, eat cake for breakfast and then go drink champagne in Selfridges and have a day a fabulousness (and that in itself is a wish come true really!). Check out all the pics on Instagram!
Have a great February 5th dolls!
Love and birthday cake Em xoxo